A T Shirt by any other name is a, “T,” a, “T-shirt,” and a, “t shirt.”
When Is Father’s Day?
T-shirts – Whether for fun, function or as a gift normally serve the same purposes for the majority of men:
- Worn as an undershirt to help smooth lumps and bumps in the belly or sides so that they are less noticeable. The appearance of a more uniform and smooth look is appealing.
- Worn to absorb sweat and help prevent sweat from becoming visible in under arm areas, or on the back where the clothes are generally pressed up against the skin.
- Worn for modesty by some men with a hairy chest and back. Some men feel shy about body hair, some love it and some don’t like it at all. Although cultures and personal preference vary on this, many men (and especially women) will agree that visual body hair is, ‘unsightly and untidy.’
- Worn for comfort with newly laundered dress shirts, as an artistic expression, and for individuality and preference of casual and comfortable choices in mostly cotton materials.
|Hunting Buddy Dad Father’s Day T-Shirt|
Why is it called a “T-Shirt?”
- The actual word itself came from the body shape as expressed by the sleeves and body of the t-shirt design itself.
Where did the idea of t-shirts originally come from?
- Historians agree that initially t-shirts were developed and designed from under garment wear evolving anywhere from 1898 to 1913. T-shirts evolved to become a comfortable alternative covering for warmer or hot climates. Today t-shirt varieties are multi functional and widely vary in style, taste, culture and climate.
|Men’s Never Dreamed That I’d Become A Grumpy Old Man Funny T-Shirt|
T-shirt fashions have evolved to include, but are not limited to, these popular categories:
- Father’s Day
- Food and Beverage
- Comic Heroes
- Political Statements
Who are three billionaires who are commonly known to wear t-shirts?
1) Steve Jobs (Former co-founder, Major Shareholder, Chairman and CEO of Apple, Inc.).
2) Mark Zuckerberg (FaceBook co-founder, American computer programmer).
At a FaceBook Q & A, Zuckerberg was asked why he wore the same colored t-shirt every day(?) Zuckerberg answered, “I really want to clear my life to make it so that I have to make as few decisions as possible about anything except how to best serve this community.”
3) Mark Cuban (Owner of the NBA’s Dallas Mavericks, co-owner of 2929 Entertainment and chairman of the AXS TV).
|Aerosmith Aero Force Men’s White Short Sleeve Tee|
Is wearing a t-shirt a sign of genius?
According to psychologist Oliver Burkeman, staying focused to a very fixed routine can help a mind track more important issues: ” . . . William James . . . best articulated the mechanism by which a strict routine might help unleash the imagination. Only by rendering many aspects of daily life automatic and habitual, he argued, could we “free our minds to advance to really interesting fields of action”.
“Subsequent findings about “cognitive bandwidth” and the limitations of willpower have largely substantiated James’s hunch: if you waste resources trying to decide when or where to work, you’ll impede your work performance capacity.”
I Love Ny T-shirt-Adult Large
|Napoleon Dynamite Vote for Pedro T-Shirt-Medium|
|The Rolling Stones Men’s Classic Tongue T-Shirt||PROMOTED|